Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association – CEDIA
Do you have products or services to sell in the smart home industry? Then you’ll benefit by attending the Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association (CEDIA) expo where the industry is celebrated, and a lot of business conducted. The annual event brings together the key decision makers within the industry that are looking for new products to deliver to their customers.
The expo is a great chance to see what new technologies have been developed and where the industry is going. Executing some friendly market research aids the process of figuring out what challenges must be overcome to compete in the marketplace.
A professional looking trade show booth is required to give you a solid chance of attracting the crowds at CEDIA. For your next trade show, consider investing in a professional partner. At Evo Exhibits, our comprehensive process is based on years of industry experience. Get in touch today to start brainstorming!
The smart home industry is growing rapidly as technology improves and innovations are made by creative companies. CEDIA is a place where all these developments are showcased and celebrated, which means a highly targeted and enthusiastic crowd gathers under one roof.
There will be over 20,000 home tech pros and 500+ exhibitors in attendance at the San Diego Convention Center. An area will be set aside to show off new products and this will be a great chance to network with others in a face-to-face setting.
The expo typically allows people to get hands-on with new technology to see how it works in person. Furthermore, educational sessions are organized to improve the knowledge of the industry among those who are just getting their feet wet.
Who will attend?
A wide array of smart home professionals will be attending to see what new products and technologies they can take advantage of. Come prepared with the right products and you’ll receive more orders than you can potentially handle – that’s a good problem to have.
Attending professionals will have direct authority to place large orders and are actively looking to do so. They’ll be looking for potential partners that match the profile of what solutions they need addressed, at a competitive price point.
Attendees want to see something new, not seen anywhere else. At the very least, upgraded models must be offered that provide some new benefit. People coming to the expo want to be one of the first ones to see new technologies and benefit by getting their hands on it early. Facilitate all of these needs and you’ll have a successful experience at CEDIA.
Who should exhibit?
Exhibiting at CEDIA is most suitable for companies that have products and services to share in the smart home industry. The number of product categories featured at the exhibition will be vast, which means you’ll be competing for attention. However, brands that bring innovation and new technologies are best placed to succeed at CEDIA.
Exhibitors will also benefit by raising their own brand awareness and networking with other exhibitors to share ideas. Furthermore, it’s an event where educational sessions are hosted to inform about new developments within the industry.
Exhibiting at CEDIA can create a buzz around your brand that can take it to the next level. Your employees will be energized by the event and will come back to the office with some new-found motivation to help company growth.
Trade show booth strategy
Optimizing your trade show booth strategy can significantly increase your odds of success at the expo. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when you can make use of proven strategies to get the job done. Here are some ideas to get started with:
- Informative: The trade show booth must actively inform the audience about your flagship products. Before making a purchase, potential buyers want to understand the benefits of your products and highlighting them is the job of your employees and your booth. Lay everything out clearly and concisely to engage the audience in an effective manner.
- Social Media: Take advantage of social media opportunities. Consider creating a custom hashtag and encouraging people to use it for a special discount on their first order.
- Product demonstrations: The booth could be setup to show off your products in action. This gives customers an idea of how the products can be used in homes they offer to clients. Product demonstrations will draw a crowd in an engaging way that helps increase the number of people you can potentially sell to.
- Branding: The exhibition is an excellent chance to brand your company in a memorable way. Do a good job of it and attendees will remember your trade show booth long after the event has finished. The idea is to place your brand logo and name in a strategic and effective way. Furthermore, make sure to convey your brand identity and message to attendees so they understand what you’re about.
- Flagship products: You should look at your booth as a chance to showcase your best products, and not necessarily create a cluttered storefront where all your offerings are displayed. Focus the attention on flagship products that attendees will be genuinely interested to see. Once you’ve done that, your other offerings can also be shared to generate sales.
Evo Exhibits has the expertise to help you determine a strategy for implementing the advice above. We have worked with countless other companies across a wide range of industries and trades shows. Evo can create an impactful trade show booth that gives you the best chance of competing with other vendors.
Event program and details
CEDIA will take place in San Diego at the San Diego Convention Center, September 4-8th. There are a lot of events going on at the expo worth knowing about — plan ahead of time to take advantage of the event and all it has to offer.
Customized training in home tech integration: A number of workshops will be held to inform about technology integration into modern homes. These workshops can help your employees learn much needed industry related skills.
Keynote speaker: John Penney, Consumer Business Development and Strategic Partnerships at 20th Century Fox, will be the keynote speaker at the expo. The agenda consists of topics of machine-based personalization and how that will change the content distribution landscape of marketing opportunities.
Social events: There are a number of hosted social events to introduce yourself to other industry professionals. You can gain new potential partners that could grow into mutually beneficial relationships.
Choosing to be one of the trade show exhibits for CEDIA puts you in a strategic position to move a large number of products. Many smart home industry experts are visiting the expo to place large orders and you can take advantage of that. You can also identify industry trends and see what competitors are doing to improve their products.
To increase your chances of success at CEDIA, consider the services of Evo Exhibits. Our approach to helping companies create a trade show booth is comprehensive. We’re experienced at handling all sorts of problems to give you that essential competitive edge.